Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School

So, this won't be long since it took me a few HOURS to sign in. Yes, you know how sometimes you haven't done something in a really long time so you forget how? Well, I believe that in this knew technological world that there are too many passwords/user names/email accounts that we have to remember. Yes, so it took me so long to sign in that I really have no time to write anything. But I will try. So, I mailed my letter to Valerie finally. I had written it a good month ago. That is the problem with snail mail, that you write it and it does not send itself you have to take it to the mailbox. I know, I know this is just a complaining blog but you have to do it sometime right? Okay, so the real reason I am writing is because I haven't written in my journal lately and a good bunch of stuff has happened. Since I am not superman I cannot carry my journal with me in my little red and white reflective messenger bag.
Anywho!
I am here in Idaho and have fallen out of many of my habits. I am guessing that is because I had to get into a new routine. I am still working on it. The big thing is that my room mates and myself get along really well. Ben Burke, Andrew Carter, Kyle Fechtman, and Jake Tulman. We are all southern boys too so it is fun. I will miss them in the fall but we will all still be around. Andrew and I were on a Co-ed triathlon team that won first in the sprint division. Then this last weekend I rode my first century ride which was the "HeART of Idaho Century Ride." It was raising money for the Art Museum in Idaho Falls. I will be doing my own triathlon September 12 when I go down with Mckenna and Chelsea to see Abram and Dad. They are coming out for a business conference. Yesterday I was slacklining down in Porter Park and got a phone call from Joel Christopher (a cycling buddy from Minnesota) telling me that Sonnet, (another riding buddy) got in a bike wreck and was up at Madison Hospital. She had hit a cattle guard and it launched her off her bike. Andrew and I went up to the hospital and met Joel, Tony Perkins and Dave Anderson to see what was going on. We eventually got in to see her right before they were taking her into surgery. She had some lacerations on her face and her arm. I don't think she broke anything but I am going to see her at lunch time today.
These last few weeks, since I got out here, I haven't been able to read my scriptures on my own for a personal study. I have been reading for my New Testament class and for our lessons for church. We have been having a big group in Sunday school so Andrew and I (who team teach) always joke about saving one another a seat. Well, my new testament teacher, Brother Satterfield, is awesome. He has had a lot of experiences in his life that I can relate too, at least I think. It has made me ponder a lot of things. So I am planning on heading back to North Carolina during the winter and trying to get into UNC or UNCG. I don't know how it will work out, but I know that it will. It was good to have an open and honest conversation with the Lord last night. It will all work out, that's all I know.
For Mckenna, Shelby, Chelsea and Mom- No I am not dating anyone. There has been a girl that I was hanging out with and we went on a date or two but nothing happened. I met a girl at the triathlon we did and we hung out, but nothing there. Nothing is happening with Valerie and not just because she is on a mission, but I doubt anything will happen. Allison and I are still really good friends. I am planning on going down to San Francisco with Andrew to see her when she comes out with her Cross Country team to race regionals.
So I just got out of my New Testament class and it was glorious. Just like that century ride was glorious. But we were talking about 1,2, and 3 John and got into heresies and then into how there is heresy when people do not follow the counsel of the Prophets. He made the point that a big part of this whole mortality is honesty and if we will be honest with ourselves. I feel a little more at peace now that I have actually decided to go back to North Carolina. In class today it was funny because I was able to recall a lot of the things that have happened and the Lord was like, "are you dead? No? Okay, then trust me." Ha, I love the Lord and am glad that He is patient with me. Okay, I am done for now.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You're coming back to North Carolina for sure, for sure? You might be crazy, but selfishly I am so, so excited. Does that mean you will be here in Feb when the baby comes? Awesome!

Abram said...

Hellooo. When did you have this blog and why is it such a secret? What the heck? Well, it will be added on our blog shortly and everyone will know about it. What do you want to know about non profits?